Skip to main content Link Menu Expand (external link) Document Search Copy Copied


Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE): The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (227 Bechtel Engineering Center; is an inclusive center that offers study spaces, nutritious snacks, and tutoring in >50 courses for Berkeley engineers and other majors across campus. The Center also offers a wide range of professional development, leadership, and wellness programs, and loans iclickers, laptops, and professional attire for interviews.

Disabled Students’ Program (DSP): The Disabled Student’s Program (260 César Chávez Student Center #4250; 510-642-0518; serves students with disabilities of all kinds. Services are individually designed and based on the specific needs of each student as identified by DSP’s Specialists. If you have already been approved for accommodations through DSP, please know that DSP is ready to quickly adjust your accommodations if your situation changes.

Counseling and Psychological Services: University Health Services Counseling and Psychological Services staff are available to you at the Tang Center (; 2222 Bancroft Way; 510-642-9494) and in the College of Engineering (; 241 Bechtel Engineering Center), and provide confidential assistance to students managing problems that can emerge from illness such as financial, academic, legal, family concerns, and more. Long wait times at the Tang Center in the past led to a significant expansion to include a 24/7 counseling line at (855) 817-5667. This line will connect you with help in a very short time-frame. Short-term help is also available from the Alameda County Crisis hotline: 800-309-2131. If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency that puts their health at risk, please call 911.

The Care Line (PATH to Care Center): The Care Line (510-643-2005; is a 24/7, confidential, free, campus-based resource for urgent support around sexual assault, sexual harassment, interpersonal violence, stalking, and invasion of sexual privacy. The Care Line will connect you with a confidential advocate for trauma-informed crisis support including time-sensitive information, securing urgent safety resources, and accompaniment to medical care or reporting.

Ombudsperson for Students: The Ombudsperson for Students (102 Sproul Hall; 642-5754; provides a confidential service for students involved in a University-related problem (academic or administrative), acting as a neutral complaint resolver and not as an advocate for any of the parties involved in a dispute. The Ombudsman can provide information on policies and procedures affecting students, facilitate students’ contact with services able to assist in resolving the problem, and assist students in complaints concerning improper application of University policies or procedures. All matters referred to this office are held in strict confidence. The only exceptions, at the sole discretion of the Ombudsman, are cases where there appears to be imminent threat of serious harm.

UC Berkeley Food Pantry: The UC Berkeley Food Pantry (#68 Martin Luther King Student Union; aims to reduce food insecurity among students and staff at UC Berkeley, especially the lack of nutritious food. Students and staff can visit the pantry as many times as they need and take as much as they need while being mindful that it is a shared resource. The pantry operates on a self-assessed need basis; there are no eligibility requirements. The pantry is not for students and staff who need supplemental snacking food, but rather, core food support.